Are you having difficulty deciding which premium dinnerware set to purchase? I know you’re looking for a long-lasting, non-toxic dinnerware set that will work for any occasion, such as the Luminarc and Corelle dinnerware sets.
Although Luminarc and Corelle dinner sets are similar, there is a slight difference that I will discuss later in this article.
Don’t rush into making a decision; instead, learn which dinner set is superior between Luminarc vs Corelle.
- RECOMMENDED LUMINARC DINNER SET FOR VARIOUS OCCASIONS
- LUMINARC VS CORELLE
- EXCELLENT SIMILARITIES DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LUMINARC AND CORELLE DINNERWARE SETS
- OPALWARE VS CORELLE
- LUMINARC VS CORELLE VS ARCOPAL
- BEST TEMPERED GLASS DINNERWARE BRANDS
- IS CORELLE TEMPERED GLASS?
- FELDSPAR PORCELAIN VS CORELLE
- UNBREAKABLE DISHES LIKE CORELLE
RECOMMENDED LUMINARC DINNER SET FOR VARIOUS OCCASIONS
Luminarc dinner sets are highly resistant because they go through a specific thermal treatment called tempering and the pendulum test during the manufacturing process to ensure a better thermal and shock-resistant ability than most dinnerware sets.
Luminarc lightweight glass dinner sets are dishwasher safe, and even the colored or decorated Luminarc plates can withstand the dishwasher’s daily assaults.
Another great feature of the Luminarc lightweight glass dinnerware is the neutral (colorless) storage containers. They keep their shape even in the microwave or dishwasher.
If you just took the Luminarc dinner set out of the fridge, you can safely microwave it; it is an excellent example of a microwave-safe dinnerware material.
Luminarc lightweight glass Plates, glasses, and containers are simple to clean, which extends their usefulness and ensures their longevity.
Luminarc ensures healthy and hygienic meals for the entire family: Luminarc colors do not contain lead and are increasingly made with cadmium-free organic pigments.
The best lightweight glass Luminarc dinner sets are listed below to meet your needs for any occasion;
Luminarc Orme collection; made up of dinner plates, soup plates, and dessert plates. Healthy and durable material. Stylish and Light tempered glass Luminarc dinner sets.
Best Budget Luminarc Soup Plate; The Luminarc white Carine Dinnerware set and the Luminarc black Carine soup plates are ideal for serving the sauciest foods. Because of its stylish contemporary design, it is ideal for table settings. These Best budget Luminarc soup plates add beauty and functionality to any occasion.
LUMINARC VS CORELLE
The major differences between the Luminarc dinnerware set and the Corelle dinnerware set are detailed below;
|Luminarc brand is made in France.||Corelle brand is made in the United States of America.|
|Luminarc is made up of ultra-transparent tempered Opal glass material.||Corelle is made up of Vitrelle, tempered glass consisting of 3 layers of laminated glass.|
|Luminarc includes dinnerware sets, glass cookware, glass storage food containers, and lead-free drinking wine and water glass.||Corelle is mainly dinnerware sets and mugs.|
EXCELLENT SIMILARITIES DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LUMINARC AND CORELLE DINNERWARE SETS
The following are some of the similarities between Luminarc and Corelle dinnerware sets;
- Corelle and Luminarc dinner sets are non-porous and ultra-hygienic.
- They are easy to clean, lightweight glass dinnerware and can withstand intensive daily use.
- Luminarc and Corelle can be recycled.
- Luminarc and Corelle can withstand tear and wear, retain their shine for a long period of time.
- They are break resistant, chip-resistant, and resistant to thermal shock because of its tempered glass material design.
- Corelle and Luminarc are dishwasher, microwave, oven, freezer and refrigerator safe.
- They are eco-friendly dinnerware sets.
- Corelle and Luminarc dinner sets are versatile, stackable and leaving no trace of micro-organism. Bacteria safety assured!
RELATED: ARCOPAL VS LUMINARC
RELATED: ARCOPAL VS CORELLE
OPALWARE VS CORELLE
The following table compares Opalware vs. Corelle dinnerware sets;
|Dinnerware sets made up of Opalware material are manufactured in different countries.||Corelle brand is made in the United States of America.|
|Opalware is made up of high-tempered glass material.||Corelle is made up of Vitrelle, tempered glass consisting of 3 layers of laminated glass.|
Apart from the minor difference mentioned above, the following similarities exist between Opalware and Corelle dinner sets;
- Opalware and Corelle dinner sets are bacteria free, non-porous and hygienic for your family.
- They both have good thermal resistant quality, no fear of crack when you heat food in the microwave from the refrigerator.
- Opalware and Corelle dinnerware sets are break, chip and scratch resistant, perfect for daily use!
- Corelle and Opalware dinner sets are dishwasher safe, microwave oven safe and stackable saving space in your kitchen.
- They are recyclable, easy to clean and durable.
- Corelle and Opalware are lightweight glass dinnerware sets suitable for the elderly with a smooth surface.
LUMINARC VS CORELLE VS ARCOPAL
Arcopal and Luminarc are both manufactured in France by the same company, whereas Corelle is manufactured in the United States.
Luminarc is known for its ultra-transparent tempered Opal glass, Arcopal for its milky white opal tempered glass, and Corelle is made of Vitrelle, tempered glass composed of three layers of laminated glass.
The Arcopal brand is fully tempered glassware that is strong and long-lasting, whereas the Luminarc dinner sets were originally made of annealed glass but have since expanded into multiple glass materials such as opal, tempered glass, zenix, and vitroceramic.
Finally, Arcopal, Luminarc, and Corelle dinnerware are microwave, dishwasher, and oven safe, as well as shock-resistant, heat-resistant, impact-resistant, and scratch-resistant.
RELATED: IS LUMINARC GLASS OR PLASTIC?
BEST TEMPERED GLASS DINNERWARE BRANDS
Tempered glass dinnerware has a thermally bonded laminated layer that makes it extremely strong, 3 times stronger than regular glass dinnerware. Tempered glass dinnerware is often lighter and thinner than other materials of a dinnerware set.
Tempered glass dinnerware is appealing, long-lasting, dishwasher and microwave safe, making them an excellent choice for everyday use.
The best-tempered glass dinnerware brands include the following items:
Luminarc Dinnerware Brand
IS CORELLE TEMPERED GLASS?
Yes, Corelle is made of Vitrelle tempered glass, which gives it the break and chip resistance as well as the ability not to crack under pressure, such as dishwasher use or everyday rigorous activity.
FELDSPAR PORCELAIN VS CORELLE
Feldspar Porcelain is made of Bone china, the strongest type of ceramic, whereas Corelle is made of Vitrelle, tempered glass composed of two layers of glass laminated into three layers.
Feldspar porcelain is white with a slightly greyish-blue tone and a slight translucency as the body, and it contains a high percentage of glass phase, whereas Corelle is a beautifully translucent dinnerware that is predominantly pure white in color.
Feldspars are used as a fluxing agent to form a glassy phase to improve the strength, toughness, and durability of Porcelain, whereas Corelle is thinly glazed with other reactive ceramic ingredients primarily manufactured in China.
Feldspar Porcelain was first made in China while the Corelle brand is predominantly an American Brand.
UNBREAKABLE DISHES LIKE CORELLE
I’m sure you don’t want to spend money every month replacing dishes due to a minor accident in the home, especially if you have children or the elderly.
The Corelle dinnerware set is a sure break-resistant dinnerware set, but there are other budget-friendly options that won’t break when dropped, these unbreakable dishes are highly durable and BPA-FREE Plastic.
Let us look at an example of an unbreakable dish, such as Corelle, below;
ACROYAN UNBREAKABLE WHEAT STRAW DINNERWARE SETS
- The Acroyan unbreakable dish, like Corelle, is environmentally friendly; it is made of natural wheat straw fiber and is 100 percent BPA-free, non-toxic, and odorless dinnerware set.
- Acroyan unbreakable dinnerware ensures a cleaner and healthier life for you and your family.
- Unlike other dinnerware sets such as ceramic porcelain or ordinary glass, Acroyan dinnerware is reusable and will not break if dropped or hit the floor by accident.
- The dishwasher and microwave are both safe for the Acroyan unbreakable dish. They are a lightweight dinnerware set with good heat resistance that can be used safely in the microwave (248°F (120°C) for 5 minutes and dishwasher for 2 hours.)
- They are ideal for any occasion and will be useful not only at home and in the kitchen, but also in an RV or a camper, a picnic, BBQing, camping, work, school, and a variety of other activities.
- This unbreakable dish is perfect for serving pasta, sandwiches, bread and butter, dessert, soup, rice, salad, appetizer, and so on. The dinner dishes set will not only beautify your food, table, and kitchen, but it will also bring appetite to your family.
- Finally, they are simple to use and store, and they are both strong and lightweight. The inside surfaces have been polished to make cleaning easier. They are stackable, which allows you to save space in your kitchen cabinet and disk rack while avoiding the risk of toppling.
IS LUMINARC GOOD QUALITY?
Yes, all Luminarc products are of high quality because they are made of glass, a non-porous natural earth resource that is completely safe, lead-free, and hygienic.
IS LUMINARC DURABLE?
Yes, Luminarc products are long-lasting because they are subjected to a special treatment process during manufacturing that provides extremely high shock resistance to temperature changes and rigorous use, particularly in the dishwasher and microwave.
WHAT IS LUMINARC MATERIAL?
The Luminarc material is a non-porous Opal tempered glass that is resistant to mechanical and thermal shocks.
ARE LUMINARC PLATES LIGHTWEIGHT?
Yes, Luminarc plates are lightweight because they are made of natural Opal glass, which is not heavy like ceramic.